Saturday, January 3, 2009

My latest medical apt

I just had a medical check up and the diabetic test as advised by my gyne.

Gyne first have a scan at my lovely princess, guess its still early morning, so she didnt move as much as previous time, only scratching her head. Her position seems to be slowly moving downwards preparing for delivery. Baby weighs 1.22kg, at this stage (28 weeks), average weight should be 1-1.2kg, so bb is overweight by 200gms. Still okie, not a lot... but mummy's weight increase by 2kg for over 3 weeks, but baby only absorbs 500gms. So it means all the weight I gained will remain in my body...its me who gain the weight. Gyne once again warned me, if I dont control my food well, these fats and weight will remains with me even I given birth. Haiz, sad sia. If not Im pregnant, I wont be putting on so much weight so rapidly...I wonder how to remove these fats after I given birth. Its so hard to control the food intakes, esp during this festive season...and the thing is I get hungry very easily also. Last year around the same period, I didnt eat a lot bec I need to take my wedding pictures soon, this year I thought I can enjoy, but bec of the weight consciouness, I got to control again...haiz...thts hard leh.

Baby feet is 5cm long, gyne say that thats quite long.
Other than that, I didnt managed to see a lot of the baby, cos baby face was a bit blocked....a bit disappointed.

I went for the diabetic test as advised by the gyne. The nurse first make me drink a bottle of orange juice within 5mins, then she draw the first tube of blood from me. Subsequently, she make me come back one hr later for two times, to get my urine samples and draw blood. So total, I got to draw 3 tube of bloods and collect 3 bottles of urine samples. Its not hard drawing blood, just that i cant have any food or drinks during this period of time till 11.30am. Thats really tough for a preggy, u know...and without having any food intakes, the orange juice(a bit gasy) that they make me drink early morning really almost make me puke. If I vomit during the process, this test will fail and I got to retake another day. I was enduring..and its suffering without any food ...

Anyway, the test results is fine, no diabetic...so everything is okie..lucky.

No comments: