Sunday, November 30, 2008

The pass away of my grandmother(mum's side)

My grandmother (mum's side) passed away on Tue evening. I got the news soon after I left the office. Prior to that, I have already received a few false alarms as she hasnt been feeling very well ever since a few months ago. Talking about this grandmother, she is not very close to me. She is my mum's genuine mother, however, my mum has been sent for adoption soon after born. But ever since young, I knew that I have this grandmother, and has been visitng her occassionally since childhood. She has aged over the years. However, age is never a hindrance to her. She still continues to go overseas, attend all the weddings of her relatives and grandchildren. So does mine. She attended my wedding in June as well.

I still remember during chinese new year, I went to her house, and I told her, ah ma, I'm getting married in June, you must attend okie? She replied me, even if u didnt invite me, I will still attend. That was a very sweet remarks from a gdma that is not really close to me. But to her, all her grandchildren are important.

A month ago, I visited her knowing that she hasnt been feeling very well. I knew that that might be the last time I'm seeing her. I called her, but she didnt respond much, she looks less energetic than before...in fact, very much different from the ah ma I know. She looks so tired and dozing off in her wheelchair. From what I heard from my mum, it seems that they are not very sad cos my ah ma is already almost 90 and she is considered as very hao ming. Hearing that, I feel a sense of consolation. I really hope ah ma can find her happiness in heaven with ah gong.

No comments: